Contact Altweb at:
615 N. Wolfe St., W7032
Baltimore, MD 21205
Altweb, the Alternatives to Animal Testing Web Site, was created to serve as a gateway to alternatives news, information, and resources on the Internet and beyond. Altweb now is the U.S. home of the journal ALTEX: Alternatives to Animal Experimentation, which is the official publication of the Johns Hopkins Center for Alternatives to Animal Testing (CAAT).
Altweb is intended to serve:
- Biomedical researchers
- The international alternatives community
- The international regulatory community(ies)
- IACUCs and other institutional groups that review animal protocols
- The animal welfare community
- Individuals and groups who work with laboratory animals (technicians, veterinarians, etc.)
- The general public
Altweb has five practical goals:
- To assist scientists and others seeking to conduct a search for alternatives methods.
- to serve as a CRP—"central reference point"—for alternatives information, publications, databases, calendars, and other resources.
- to support the creation and maintenance of new alternative resources as needed, when no other organization can/will do so
- to promote the use of alternatives resources by publicizing them on the site and through e-mail or other outreach
- to facilitate communication and collaboration among members of the alternatives community, in particular those who work in database or information management.