Updates on Activities Related to 21st Century Toxicology and Evidence-based Toxicology: Invited Presentations and Open Microphone
March 26, 2015
San Diego, CA
Hillcrest Room, Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego (1 Market Place)
Registration deadline is March 13, 2015.
A Society of Toxicology (SOT) Satellite Meeting Organized by the Center for Alternatives to Animal Testing, The Human Toxome Project, and The Human Toxicology Project Consortium.
If you’re planning to attend the Society of Toxicology conference in San Diego this March, please join the Center for Alternatives to Animal Testing (CAAT), The Human Toxome Project Consortium, and The Human Toxicology Project Consortium (HTPC) for our annual satellite meeting on 21st century toxicology activities and related efforts. The satellite meeting provides an informal setting in which interested stakeholders can update each other on these important topics.
The meeting will feature a limited number of invited presentations, but also leave ample time for an “open microphone” segment in which participants are welcome to give brief presentations on germane topics, with or without slides. The draft program is as follows:
12:30 Box lunch (for pre-registered participants) and welcome, Thomas Hartung (Johns Hopkins University)
13:00 Invited speakers (10 minute presentations each followed by 5 minutes of discussion)
- Richard Paules (US National Toxicology Program) – Tox21 Update
- Russell Thomas (US Environmental Protection Agency) – ToxCast Update
- David Dix (US Environmental Protection Agency) – EDSP21 Update
- Melvin Andersen (Hamner Institutes) – Hamner TT21C Update
- Mark Cronin (Liverpool John Moores University) – SEURAT Update
- Thomas Hartung (Johns Hopkins) – CAAT’s Read-across Initiative and Human Toxome-related Activity Update
- Catherine Willett (HTPC) – Human Toxicology Project Consortium Update
- Martin Stephens (Johns Hopkins) – Evidence-based Toxicology Update
15:00 Open microphone for additional presentations and discussion
Please register by email at your earliest convenience: Jamie DeRita (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Box lunches will be available to those who have pre-registered.