CAAT Academy Seeks Internship Junior Program Officer
CAAT Academy (www.caat-academy.org) is recruiting a junior program officer for a min. 6 months internship to support CAAT Academy training activities for disseminating the use of in vitro and in silico methods in Europe. CAAT Academy is an extension of a joint venture of Johns Hopkins University Center for Alternatives to Animal Testing (CAAT) and CAAT-Europe (University of Konstanz).
Our venture is diverse and challenging. It aims to promote the uptake of new alternatives to animal testing methods in research and in toxicology to speed up the transition to an animal-free future where the robust and emerging technologies contribute to shape further consumer products and R&D.
CAAT Academy is seeking someone to join our growing team who will help us continue our successful training annual program and contribute to the development of further projects. We are looking for an organised individual who excels in networking, collaboration, strategic thinking, and taking the initiative when needed.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities Will Involve:
- Preparation of training sessions
- Preparation of newsletters
- Representing CAAT Academy for events and projects
- Participation and coordination in research grant proposals
- Market evaluation, surveys, scouting for business opportunities
- Follow-up for CAAT Academy promotion (e.g. LinkedIn, scientific societies, emails)
- Master’s degree is an asset.
- Clear understanding of 3Rs business landscape and technologies;
- Ability to work independently;
- Excellent research and writing skills;
- Proven coordination and networking experience in EU and/or national networks;
- Fluent written and spoken English and one more EU language; others an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal and team-working skills, flexibility and reliability;
- Willingness to travel;
- Proficient with MS Office, search tools, social media, etc..
- Previous experience in the 3Rs sector is desired.
The position can be remote although being located in Brussels is a plus. The internship is for minimum 6 months, with the possibility of full position at the end. We offer internship salary indemnities.
To apply, please send your CV, a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The letter of motivation should detail why you are interested in the position, why you want to work within the 3Rs field and how your skills and experience are relevant to the job.
Deadline: Open until filled.