the global clearinghouse for information on alternatives to animal testing
GRANTS PROGRAM FOR THE PERIOD 2016-2017 DEADLINE: March 27, 2015
The Johns Hopkins Center for Alternatives to Animal Testing (CAAT) is soliciting projects that focus on the implementation of the NAS Report: Toxicity Testing in the 21st Century: A Vision and a Strategy in the following areas:
- Proposals Relating to Toxicology: Maximum grant amount is $25,000 per year. Projects should be developed to provide mechanistic understanding of computational systems biology approaches, focused on in vitro responses to toxicants in human cells. Consideration should be given to the translation of this new method to evaluate/predict health outcomes.
- To be a leading force in the development and use of reduction, refinement, and replacement alternatives* in research, testing, and education to protect and enhance the health of the public.
- To promote and support research in the development of in vitro and other alternative techniques.
- To serve as a forum to foster discussion among diverse groups leading to creative approaches to facilitate acceptance and implementation of alternatives.
- To provide reliable information on the science, philosophy, and public policy of alternatives to academia, government, industry, and the general public.
- To educate and train in the application of alternatives.
*Alternatives are defined as new methods that refine existing tests by minimizing animal pain or distress, reduce animal usage, or replace whole animal tests.
To submit, please use the Preproposal Form
To apply for a CAAT grant, complete the preproposal form here and return so that the submission reaches us no later than March 27, 2015. The form may be returned via mail, fax, or e-mail.
- Mailing address: CAAT Grants Coordinator, 615 N. Wolfe St. W7032, Baltimore, MD 21205
- Fax number: 410-614-2871
- E-mail address: email@example.com
No other materials are required for this stage of the application process. ONLY ABSTRACTS USING THE APPROPRIATE FORMAT WILL BE REVIEWED. See the Preproposal Form for details and to submit.
Applicants whose proposals meet the goals of the CAAT Grants Program will be invited to submit a complete grant application package. All responses will be forwarded by e-mail or U.S. mail. No telephone responses will be given.
New ALTEX: 2/2017
January 8-13, 2017
Various locations throughout Europe
Beginning April 2017
June 14-16, 2017
SAVE THE DATE:
10th World Congress on Alternatives and Animal Use in the Life Sciences
August 20-24, 2017